[SS2S-Main] Re: Cfd simulation

  • From: "Lampe, Mattias SLC CT PEK" <mattias.lampe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 17:13:15 +0800

Hi Vicente,

as far as I know, there is some Open Source Software that could possibly
perform this kind of simulations (e.g. OpenFOAM), but it takes quite a bit of
expert knowledge (on fluid dynamics AND on numerical simulation methods) to get
any meaningful results out of such software.

A  fast PC would probably be sufficient for the number crunching, so what you
really need is someone with a solid background in fluid dynamics and practical
simulation experience.

Mattias