[sufaa] SUFAA Monthly Newsletter

  • From: Tony Moore <konnexus3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sufaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 01:46:47 -0500

*SUFAA Monthly Newsletter, September 25, 2012*
*
*
The Southern University Football Alumni Association invites you to join us
for our next monthly meeting to be held on October 4 at 7PM in the A.W.
Mumford Fieldhouse on the Southern University Campus. The SUFAA
organization welcomes all former players, coaches, and support staff to
attend this meeting to discuss all of the upcoming events and activities of
the organization. Please review the highlights and upcoming events hosted
by SUFAA.

*Upcoming Events*

   - *Homecoming Activities*
      - *SU Football Prayer Breakfast, Saturday, October 13th at 9AM,
      Mayberry Dining Hall.* Breakfast costs $6.00 per person and we will
      dine in the Mayberry private dining facility. SUFAA Board and a guest
      speaker will address former players.

   - *SUFAA Tailgate and Pre-Game Extravaganza.* Tailgate location is on
      the east side of Mumford Stadium, kick-off at 11AM until game time. Tent
      and beverages will be provided for all guests. Members are encouraged to
      attend and bring items for the grilling area. Signup sheet will be
      available at next membership meeting.

   - *Professional Speakers Series*
      - *During the season, SUFAA presents a distinguished speaker from the
      local community to address the SU football players to provide
inspiration,
      life skills, and keys to a productive life after football. *

*SUFAA Initiatives*

   - *Jaguar Fan Experience. *SUFAA in partnership with ESPN Radio 104.5 is
   sponsoring a raffle event allowing two lucky winners to receive an
   all-access pass to the Atlanta Football or Bayou Classic. The lucky winners
   will have an intimate experience as members of the Jaguar football team at
   each of these events. We are asking members to assist in the promotion of
   this fundraising event by selling 3 raffles tickets at $25.00 per ticket.
   More information can be obtained on the website at
   http://www.sufaa.org/fanexperience.html

   - Practice Field Capital Campaign*. *The current state of the practice
   fields requires immediate attention and SUFAA is currently seeking
   corporate sponsors and donors to raise the capital required to install a
   100 yard turf field, 50 yard resurfaced grass field, 3-lane 40 yard track,
   multipurpose storage facility, and restroom facilities. This facility
   upgrade will assist in minimizing the number of injuries of our athletes
   during training (see attached rendering of the project). The upgrades to
   the fields will be used jointly by the football and soccer teams. In
   addition, the bathroom facilities can be used during all football home
   games.

   - *Tutoring and Mentoring. *SUFAA provides tutoring services to all
   football players during the week through a partnership with SUBR Service
   Learning Program. Student-athletes are tutored in all academic subjects,
   test taking strategies, and study skills. In addition, SUFAA members
   provide training on life skills, personal etiquette, business attire, and
   interviewing skills.

Membership is the key component to a successful organization. We encourage
you to get involved with our organization that was built specifically for
the players. Our mission is to provide support and assist the SU Football
Program, Athletic Department, and University with the resources to compete
at the highest level through innovative programs and initiatives.
*
*

--
Best Regards,

*Tony Moore*
*Chief Technology Officer*
*Konnexus3 Solutions Group*
658 Saint Charles St  Baton Rouge, LA 70802
tony.moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*(225) 279-4033 [ofc]*
*
Life is what you make it so make it great!!*