[studiorecorder] Re: question about listening to a recording while you're recording it

  • From: "Livio Novi Rodriguez" <livionovi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:59:22 -0600

Hello Harry:

First of all, sorry for the delay, but my duties in the radio station I work
for have kept me very busy.

This is what you should do:

Go to an elecrronic appliances store and ask for a Y connector with one male
plug at the closed end of the y, and on the opened ends you should have
female endings.  You will also need a cable with a male earphone jack on
each end of the cable.  You will also need external speakers with a cable
that has an earphone jack at the end.

Once you have this, plug the closed end of the Y connector on your audio
source, for example, the tape recourder.  Then, on one opening of the y
connector, plug the cable that has the two earphone jacks, and the other end
of this cable should be plugged in your inline or microphone female plug of
your computer. Finally, on the other opening of the y connector you should
connect your speakers' plug.

Now, go to the control panel, and press enter on sound.  Select the record
tab and tab until you find the list of record devices in your computer.
Down arrow until you find Microphone/inline.  Then, press enter on the
Predefine? Button, and finally, press enter on the OK Button.

I hope this helps, because I know it works.  I use it all the time, because
I work at a sports Radio Station in Mexico city, and some events are not
broadcasted on the Internet (rights issue), and I like to record these
events for collection.

If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me off list at
livionovi@xxxxxxxxx that way, if needed, we can give each others'  phone
numbers, so I can give you step by step instructions on how to do this.

Have a great day and we will keep in touch.

Best regards,

Livio Novi.