[studiorecorder] noise reduction

  • From: "Paul (Pawel) Loba" <ploba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:32:46 -0400

Hi guys!
I convert lots of tape-productions into wave/mp3 format using SR and I am
finding this package as the best one for this purpose.

Is there any noise reduction tool on the market which is as user-friendly as
SR is for a JAWS-user. I use to certain extend CoolEdit2000 for this purpose
but got into some trouble while working on files specifically to get a noise
sample from it, if there is not enough of such thing at the beginning of the
given file. Some times I'm getting material which is done by somebody else
and is sent to me in mp3 format, so it happens that CE cats off the
beginning and/or the ending of such material. Sure, I can convert these
files into wave format using SR but it takes time, so I'd rather like to
work directly on mp3 files.

Do I need to go for GoldWave or SoundForge?

Thanks for any of your advice.

Pawel.