[studiorecorder] Re: a suggestion for SR

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 18:19:48 -0400

Yes, this is true, but it's only even partially guaranteed if you're using an NTFS filesystem which most of us are. NTFS automatically sorts directory entries into alphabetical order. The older FAT32 filesystem as used by Windows 9X up through some copies of XP where the user didn't elect to have the installer partition the drive, does not auto-sort directories, so there's no telling what might happen in those cases.

Jayson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chase Crispin" <chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx>