[studiorecorder] Re: Two Studio Questions

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 09:46:25 -0500

All:

Remember, when you press C, you are clearing the selection in the
current document, not the clipboard. I Can't imagine why pressing Ctrl+A
followed by Ctrl+C would ever fail. We always replace the clipboard when
pressing Ctrl+C, as long as there is a selection in the current
document. If there is no selection, Copy is grayed, and Ctrl+C does
nothing.

Neal, if you press Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C then switch to another
document, You should always be able to paste, unless the second document
is read-only. You may need to press C first to clear the selection in
the second document. Otherwise, you will replace the selection in the
second document with the clipboard.

Rob Meredith

>>> neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/01/06 03:42PM >>>
Pam, you are of course right about the hitting C to clear the
selection.
I have always thought this a bit strange however.  In most all windows
applications, when you copy something to the clipboard it erases what
is
already there.  Some applications allow one to append to the
clipboard,
but I have never had one that I had to clear the selection first.
Also,
I don't always find the normal Windows controls for select all to
work.
I can do control A and then copy it to the clipboard.  I can then go
another file and paste it in.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it does
not.  Again, it's probably because I have not pressed c to clear the
previous selection.  And so now, we are back to my quandary about
pressing C in the first place.  No need to answer this unless you
wish.
I am sure Rob will set me straight on Monday or whenever he gets back.

Thanks

Neal