[studiorecorder] Question about general fade-out

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 13:13:07 -0700

Hi list,

Speaking of fades, here is a question about plain old fade-out; I know there
are different types of fades; there are times when I want to fade out rather
quickly, and rather aggressively, and I want to control when the fade-out
occurs. For example, my podcast themes have ocean sounds at the end. I would
really like to cut the ocean, to about 2 seconds after the end of the theme,
and fade them out very quickly. However, when I play with that and do it, and
try to fade out, it starts fading too soon, and the theme starts fading out
before the ocean sounds start.

I guess what I want is to have more control over how long a fade-out is, and
exactly when it will happen.

Is this asking too much, or is there a technique I haven't figured out yet?

Thanks -
Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson