[studiorecorder] Re: More about cross fade

  • From: Daveed Mandell <daveedm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 16:09:36 -0700

I also think mixing is far easier with SR than SF as well. It can't beat SF when I am on very tight deadlines of just a few minutes before air time and I am frantically trying to mix a sound bed under voice tracks. Now with that nifty cross-fade feature, who can resist using SR? And, by the way, it seems to be all of the talking book producers should adopt this package. --Daveed--At 01:00 PM 5/19/2006, you wrote:

One of the differences between the cross fade in Sound Forge and Studio recorder is that in Sound Forge, the length of the cross fade is determined by how much time is left in the original file. You cut what you want to cross fade to the clipboard and then, if you want to have a minute of cross fade, you back up a minute into the original file and do the cross fade. With Studio Recorder, you simply place the cursor between the two files you want to cross fade and tell it how many seconds of cross fade you want. Guess which is easier? Thanks Rob. But I do have one question. Here he goes again, always asking for more. Is there a reason why there a fewer types of fade types in the settings menu for cross fade than there are for fade? Thanks.

Neal

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.1.392 / Virus Database: 268.6.1/344 - Release Date: 5/19/2006