[studiorecorder] Aditional request for SR

  • From: "Phil Vlasak" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 10:04:01 -0400

Hi Rob,
While I was listening to an mp3 podcast that was on my wife's backup drive she rebooted her computer and I got an error message from Studio Recorder that the task was not completed.
After she rebooted and the drive was now available I hit enter to clear the OK box and tried to continue listening.
I still got the same error message. I was able to check the current time with g, then re-load the file and continue from that point but shouldn't SR have done that automatically?
I suspect that by SR streaming the file in a little at a time the mp3 can be read more quickly than if it was all loaded into memory which Gold Wave does.
We have a two computer network and her one is the server.

Would it be possible to have an option so that while I am listening to a podcast, in the background SR is also loading it into doc 1 or copying it to my computer?

Thanks,
Phil