Hello to everyone. My Name is Dan McCullough. I don't think anyone really
knows me at Still Point. I have called a couple of times. I have been
studying Buddhism and Meditation. Since I was 16 in 1976. I'm a disabled
Veteran. I volunteer at the VA hospital. I teach mindfulness and meditation.
Hopefully when this is over and things work out. I can make it to some of
On Sun, Apr 26, 2020, 1:39 PM Dan <daninpgh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One interesting side effect of the pandemic has been the opportunity to
"sit" with various American Zen communities as bring their services online.
Below are five that I am aware of, if anyone is interested in
observing/remotely sitting with other groups:
- Deep Spring Temple (i.e., Zen Center of Pittsburgh:
- Boundless Way Temple (MA, https://worcesterzen.org/ ;)
- Zen Mountain Monastery (NY, Lineage: Taizan Maezumi / John Daido Loori:
- San Francisco Zen Center (CA, Lineage: Shunryu Suzuki:
- Angel City Zen Center (CA, Lineage: Gudo Nishijima / Brad Warner:
I've also attached a picture of a Buddha I made in 7th grade ceramics I
recently re-discovered. I think it reminds me to be humble, ha. (But also
that a clay Buddha can indeed pass through water as long as it has first
been fired in the kiln ... which is a metaphor for ... adaptability and ...
the cultivation of resilience in trying times. Uh yeah, that's it. I'm sure
that's what I was going for.)
Hope everyone remains well,