[stillpointzen] Online sitting opportunities

  • From: Dan <daninpgh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stillpointzen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 13:39:12 -0400

Hi all,

One interesting side effect of the pandemic has been the opportunity to "sit" with various American Zen communities as bring their services online. Below are five that I am aware of, if anyone is interested in observing/remotely sitting with other groups:

- Deep Spring Temple (i.e., Zen Center of Pittsburgh: https://deepspringzen.org/ )

- Boundless Way Temple (MA, https://worcesterzen.org/ ;)

- Zen Mountain Monastery (NY, Lineage: Taizan Maezumi / John Daido Loori: https://livestream.com/mro )

- San Francisco Zen Center (CA, Lineage: Shunryu Suzuki: https://www.sfzc.org/online-programs )

- Angel City Zen Center (CA, Lineage: Gudo Nishijima / Brad Warner: https://www.aczc.org/ )

I've also attached a picture of a Buddha I made in 7th grade ceramics I recently re-discovered. I think it reminds me to be humble, ha. (But also that a clay Buddha can indeed pass through water as long as it has first been fired in the kiln ... which is a metaphor for ... adaptability and ... the cultivation of resilience in trying times. Uh yeah, that's it. I'm sure that's what I was going for.)

Hope everyone remains well,

- Daniel