[STC-Salt Lake] SME Smart Score

  • From: "Anup Sen, Salt Lake City, Kolkata" <anupsen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: E-Group <stcsaltlake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 20:54:24 +0530

From : E-Group, STC, Salt Lake, Kolkata

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended
recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and kindly arrange to notify  stcsaltlake@xxxxxxxx
immediately.

Using Internet Explorer in ATM PC of your branch, please browse
http://10.128.74.200  (our Intranet Web-Site).
We have provided lots of Reading Materials for you at the site. Happy browsing!

Dear Member,

Kindly double click on the enclosed attachment to read it.

With regards,

Anup Sen, Moderator

E-Group, STC, Salt Lake, Kolkata

email : stcsaltlake@xxxxxxxx

We shall be glad to receive your feedbacks through emails regarding the mails
being sent to you through this e-group.
Title: State Bank of India, Staff Training Centre, Salt Lake City, Kolkata

SME Smart Score

1

Target Group

v      Small and Medium industrial and trading enterprises for loans over Rs. 5 Lacs and below Rs.25 Lacs.

2

Scoring pattern

v      The model is based on set score of characteristics, which are grouped as Personal, Business and Collateral.

v      The maximum score is 100

v      Personal details 30 marks

v      Business details 50 marks

v      Collateral details 20 marks

v      Acceptable score is 60 marks the borrower should score minimum of 50 % score in each category.

3

Loan quantum

v      Min.20% of the projected sales and or 67% of the project cost.

v      Min. Rs. 5 Lacs

v      Max. Rs. 25 Lacs

4

CRA Assessment

v      Not applicable

5

Repayment

v      Not exceeding 5 years for term loans (excluding moratorium period of not exceeding 6 months.

v      Working capital subject to renewal every year.

6

Processing Fee

v      Rs.250/- per lac on initial processing and at subsequent renewal.

7

Upfront Fee

v      1% of the loan amount.

8

Rationale

v      To introduce a credit scoring model system to simplify the approval process and cut down in credit approval and thereby improve our SME advances portfolio in terms of quality and size.

9

Reference

v      CirCO/Adv/4/2003-2004 dated 11th Apr, 2003.