[startgroup] minutes IAFMHS 2012 & 2 publications

  • From: "Nicholls, Tonia" <tnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'startgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <startgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 11:20:29 -0700

Dear friends and colleagues

It was great to see many of you at IAFMHS in Miami although we missed seeing
several familiar faces.

I am attaching minutes to reflect the discussion from our brief meeting. Thank
you to Andrea Reyes - a student of Anne Crocker's for taking notes!!  As you
will see, one topic of discussion is the usefulness and timing of the meeting.
We have continued to attempt to squeeze a meeting into the busy IAFMHS schedule
but a time slot is never easy to find.  Any feedback is most welcome.

I've also attached papers recently published by Chu and colleagues in Australia
and another led by Sarah Desmarais in collaboration with some of our BC crew.
Many of you will have already seen these but for those who have limited access
to journals I though it was worth sending them around. Please continue to let
us know if you have any new training materials and conference presentations or
papers - Natasha Leech collates these for us to support our efforts to maintain
an annotated bibliography similar to the HCR-20.

A reminder to watch for the upcoming special issue on the START: Adolescent
Version to be published this winter in the International Journal of Forensic
Mental Health.

Kind regards
Tonia

PS For your information IAFMHS 2013 will be hosted in Maastricht, The
Netherlands June 18th (pre conf workshops) through June 19th -21st (conference)
See: iahmhs2013.com

Tonia L. Nicholls, Ph.D.
CIHR New Investigator / Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research Career
Scholar

Senior Research Fellow, Forensic Psychiatric Services Commission, BC Mental
Health & Addiction Services

Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia
Adjunct Professor, Department of Psychology, Simon Fraser University

Forensic Psychiatric Hospital
70 Colony Farm Road
Port Coquitlam
British Columbia, Canada