specurtin-committee Re: agenda

  • From: Winston Kosasih <wkosasih88@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: specurtin-committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 21:02:07 +0800

Chris,

I find your response a tad bit offensive. If you honestly think that I have
suggested this in my own interests then you have sadly mistaken.

I refer you to this link (http://www.spe.org/groups/chapters/OpsCalendar.php)
and I quote:

"Membership development activities should be conducted."

It should be pretty clear that SPE intends for us to recruit student members
for them. Again, I am not saying we shouldn't recruit members into the guild
but remember what we refer ourselves as: *SPE*CSC. SPE membership takes
priority.

As for your claim that we set ourselves up let me just ask you one question
Chris. Who did we have to get approval from before we became set up as an
SPE student chapter?

I would also like to clarify what I meant when I said "Our main aim is to
get students to become members of SPE". It seems that you have misunderstood
what I meant. No, I do not mean for us as committee members spend all our
efforts recruiting student members for SPE. If that had been my intention do
you think I would have agreed to run all these events? What was the point
then, of Ziad spending immense amounts of efforts to gather sponsors? What I
meant is our recruitment focus should mainly be on SPE. It might have been a
mistake on my part for not communicating this clearly and for this I
apologize.

I know you are passionate about student representation and what not but what
you have to understand is aside from being a student representation we are
also a local branch of an association. What that means is that we not only
have to pay attention to the interests of the students but we also have to
address those of the association. Remember that if our member count falls
below a certain number SPE has the right to stop our operations.

Now if you still childishly think that I have suggested the above issues in
my own interests then allow me to apologize. I can endure criticisms and
accusations, however misjudged they may be but I will not allow tensions and
conflict to arise in the committee I lead as the only thing it will lead to
is loss of cooperation and subsequently the downfall of the team.

Regards
Winston