[sotd] Television Without Pity [March 3, 2006]

  • From: "The Site of the Day" <sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:52:49 -0400

        Site of the Day for Friday, March 3, 2006

        Television Without Pity

Today's site features that long-standing source of amusement, information
and discussion forums on television dramas and reality programs -- the
aptly named "Television Without Pity". Gentle Subscribers may find the
often scathing but witty, detailed summaries of popular television shows
enjoyably addictive.

"Our mandate is, more or less, to give people a place to revel in their
guilty televisual pleasures. In most cases, we have a complex love/hate
relationship with the show, and this site is a way for us to work through
those feelings. If we plain hated a show, we wouldn't pay it any attention
at all." - from the website

The site offers initial "recaplets" of recently aired programs, which are
subsequently followed by expanded, scene by scene summaries. The current
crop of programs under the microscope range from Survivor to American Idol,
along with dramas such as House and Lost. Older programs that received the
network chop live on in the archives, which may be accessed through the
unobtrusive drop down menu (under "More Shows") on the upper right side of
the home page. Lively forums for the various programs offer a virtual water
cooler setting for often heated discussions.

Caution: Certain words and phrases used in the detailed recaps and on the
forums may be offensive to some visitors.

Breeze over to the site to get the snark on the hottest television shows
at:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/

  A.M. Holm
<admin-sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
<//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=sotd> and
 <//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd>