[sotd] April 11, 2002 [Earth Today]

  • From: "The Site of the Day" <sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:01:46 -0300

        Site of the Day for Thursday, April 11, 2002

        Earth Today: A Digital View of our Dynamic Planet

If the List's gentle members are feeling too much weighed down to earth,
then this website from the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum offers
a change in perspective. This impressive website features information
presented in a graphical format through views of earth from space.

"Earth Today is a new exhibition located in the Rocketry and Space Flight
gallery of the National Air and Space Museum. This web site provides a
quick look at the information presented in the Earth Today exhibit as well
as links to many of the near real-time data sets used to study the Earth .
.  . The ability to see Earth from space has forever changed our view of
the planet. We are now able to look at the Earth as a whole, and observe
how its atmosphere, oceans, land masses, and life interact as global
systems. . . Monitoring the Earth in near real time allows us to get an up
to date picture of conditions on our planet. " - from the website

The "Dynamic Planet" section offers data on the atmosphere, geosphere,
biosphere and hydrosphere while the "Near Real Time" section presents
almost current conditions relating to oceans, atmosphere and earthquakes as
well.

Soar to the website for images and information about our amazing planet at:

http://www.nasm.si.edu/earthtoday/

  A.M. Holm
<admin-sotd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Manage your subscription and view the List archives on the web at:
<//www.freelists.org/list/sotd> and
 <//www.freelists.org/archives/sotd>