[sociate] My Brain in the Times - a nice start to '06

  • From: "Jerry Michalski" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sociate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 22:49:44 -0500

 <http://www.jamesfallows.com/> Jim Fallows, usually an
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679758569/jerrymichalskisr> author
and writer for the  <http://www.theatlantic.com/> Atlantic Monthly, has long
had a column in the New York Times called "Techno Files."

It looks like his job at the Atlantic is getting bigger, so today is his
last Techno Files piece. After writing about a Mac collaborative writing
tool called NoteShare ( <http://aquaminds.com/> here, but not yet unveiled),
he mentioned a few things he wishes he'd gotten to in the Times column. One
of them is my online Brain. Here's the paragraph:

 <http://tinyurl.com/9lsr9> Tinyurl.com/9lsr9, a site created by the
consultant Jerry Michalski, which shows the possibilities that lurk in a
program called the Brain. Mr. Michalski has used this program to store
everything he has noticed or thought about over the last decade. The results
are more intriguing than practical, but intriguing they are. (
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/01/business/yourmoney/01techno.html> link)

Not quite sure how the shortcut URL I sent him became the name of my online
Brain -- quite possibly an editor's hand in there -- but there it is, a
really nice start to 2006 nonetheless.

posted by Jerry at
<http://www.sociate.com/blog/archives/2005_12_01_archive.html#11360863330616
3625> 6:34 PM