[sociate] Heading off to a Hong Kong vigil

  • From: "Jerry Michalski" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sociate News" <sociate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:14:03 -0500

In case you missed it, Moveon.org has started a 24-hour, round-the-world
candlelight vigil today for people who believe going to war now is not the
right answer. Head to www.globalvigil.org and you can find out what vigils
are happening in your area (almost 6000 vigils are listed now). All vigils
start at 7pm local time.

There are four vigils in little Hong Kong and the New Territories. I'm
heading off to one now. There's no WiFi there, so I'm not taking my
laptop/webcam. Woulda been nice.

If you can't participate in person and still want to indicate support, turn
on your house lights, your outdoor lights, your christmas lights (this also
from the Global Vigil site). Maybe it will show up on satellite pictures.