[sociate] Down to the wire for Andrew

  • From: "Jerry Michalski" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sociate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:55:33 -0400

Tomorrow is the New York City primary election, during which we'll find out
whether Andrew Rasiej's  <http://www.advocatesforrasiej.com/> outsider run
for Public Advocate worked or not. I'm sitting in his campaign HQ right now,
on Broadway in Manhattan, just below Union Square (just a few blocks from
where I used to work and live).

I've blogged about Andrew
<http://www.sociate.com/blog/archives/2005_08_01_archive.html#11218909547908
1479> before, as have
<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/03/opinion/03friedman.html> others
<http://www.gothamist.com/archives/2005/05/07/andrew_rasiej_candidate_for_pu
blic_advocate.php> more notable than me (if you'd like to read the Friedman
article, ping me and I'll send you a copy).

More recently,  <http://doc.weblogs.com/2005/09/07#bringingCluesToCityHall>
Doc described Andrew's lessons from disaster relief;
<http://www.blaserco.com/blogs/2005/09/07.html> Britt showed why electing
Andrew matters; and  <http://www.flickr.com/photos/edyson/34340166/> Esther
commented (and photographed) favorably on Andrew's approach to transparency
in government.

If you're a registered New York City Democrat, or know someone who is,
please consider heading to your local polling place tomorrow and bringing
some friends with you. From 92 to 98 I was registered here, but since then,
I vote in San Francisco. So the only way I can help right now is to shake
the network.

Tomorrow's the day!

posted by Jerry at
<http://www.sociate.com/blog/archives/2005_09_01_archive.html#11265368609008