[sociate] Craigslist listings *on* Google Maps

  • From: "Jerry Michalski" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sociate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 02:39:39 -0400

I had heard of this somewhere, but courtesy of Aaron Swartz's
<http://google.blogspace.com/archives/001684> Google watching blog,
<http://www.paulrademacher.com/housing/> here's a link to a stunning
application. (Deep bow to  <http://www.cs.unc.edu/%7Erademach/> Paul
Rademacher, its creator.)

When you float down to a city, you get nice, organized listings. If this is
a first pass, you can only wonder what a polished app might look like. Add
GPS tracking or cellphone tagging, so you could make notes as you drive
through neighborhoods... let your imagination go crazy.

This hasn't been brought to us by our friendly  <http://www.realtor.com/>
REALTORs because they think this is secret sauce that they bring. Yes, human
agents bring a lot to real-estate transactions -- especially until someone
clears up all the crappy paperwork involved in buying or selling a house --
but we need this kind of turbo power. Now.

posted by Jerry Michalski at
<http://www.sociate.com/blog/archives/2005_05_01_archive.html#11169156547071
9381> 11:11 PM