[sociate] America-centrism

  • From: "Jerry Michalski" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sociate News" <sociate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 20:48:26 -0500

I'd like to elect a President whose platform is global well-being, one who
doesn't end speeches with "God bless America," but rather with something
less self-centered.

God has already blessed America with geological isolation (much harder to be
Poland or Alsace, getting overrun every few decades) and abundant natural
resources. And sharp and industrious as US citizens are, there's no reason
to call them the smartest, ablest people on Earth. C'mon. Everyone's pretty
damned smart, all over the world. People exist in different settings, which
means some barely get by, others can't express themselves freely and still
others get tracked down and jailed, or worse. Helping to level the global
playing field, without imposing our doctrine, is one of the best goals we
can have.

If we're going to invoke God (remember separation of church and state?),
let's invoke him for everyone.