[soapcraft] Thanks for the Feedback Ross

  • From: Louise Shing <louiseshing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:32:57 +1300

Hi Ross

Thanks very much for the feedback, it's so great to hear because I often
wonder how others perceive my soap and no one has ever given me feedback
about my soap, and at this stage I don't sell any of my soap I have been
giving it all away as it don't think it is yet refined enough to sell.  Oh
yes, occasionally I'll give my mum a bar and she'll criticise it, not in a
constructive way.

At this stage soaping is a hobby for me and I don't think I'll ever get into
selling it, I really like giving.

I have been wrapping my soap in tissue (to start with) and wrapping a ribbon
around it but then changed to cellophane after seeing how Gina presents her
soap (although hers is much more professional than mine).

Thanks for your suggestion re tucking in the overhanging edges, you're right
it does look much better.

I've still got a long way to go on the swirl front.  I was aiming for a pale
green to go with spearmint but didn't quite happen.

Yeah, sorry about the rough cut, after seeing Liz's soap I'm determined to
cut all edges now.  Thanks Liz.  I need to put a little more love into the
soap.

How do you get rid of air bubbles?  I'd only notice the air bubbles in mine
when I compared my  soap to others and thought oh how do they do that.  This
swap has been such a great learning curve.

Yes, I'm not that much of a fan of spearmint to be honest, it does smell
like toothpaste.  I wasn't really that sure about what scent to do and I'm
still learning about essential oil blending.  I'd love if any of you
professional soap makers would do a course on essential oil blending, I'd
gladly pay or even an evening about scents (this would appeal to a greater
audience than just soapmakers too).  This is the next path of learning for
me as I know I need to use top, middle and base notes to secure a much
better scent.  Any takers?

Thanks again Ross for being so generous with your comments because I know
that my soap is not all that, especially after seeing and smelling others.

Kind Regards
Louise