[soapcraft] Re: Gelling

  • From: Kathryn Bellamy <katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:49:13 +1300

Thanks for the warning. I must admit, I'd never really thought about the glass breaking, but you are absolutely right, it could! Hmmmm, I'll have to think hard about that. What do you recommend? Stainless Steel jug perhaps?

I never take advice as being preached to, and I thank you for taking the time. I welcome the opinions of other soapers. Without the wealth of knowledge so generously shared by soapers the world over, both on the net and in books, I never would have had the confidence to even try. I would have missed out on hours of enjoyment, and the wonderful sense of achievement I felt the first time I made a good solid bar. I don't mind telling you how proud I felt, and how much pleasure I get from seeing the faces of friends when presented with a bar of hand crafted soap.

That's the thing about soapers, I've found them to be generous, warm and friendly for the most part, always quick to answer a question or share their experience. Have others found the same thing?

Kathryn

Liz Brook wrote:

Kathryn, not wanting to preach to a soapmaker of 2 years already, but do be careful using a glass jug for your lye solution. They can crack and split in the blink of an eye. Even pyrex. I'm sure you are careful :)

ingredients.

To unsubscribe from this list go to //www.freelists.org/list/soapcraft/ enter your email address and choose unsubscribe. Or you can send an email to soapcraft-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with unsubscribe in the subject line. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------