[soapcraft] Re: F.O's

  • From: "Mandy Coleman" <mok.mansions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@smtp102.tnz.mail.aue.yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:26:57 +1300

Kia ora

I realised what I did wrong I think!i ran my recipe past the person who has
been mentoring me in my new soap adventure and he suggested the water
discount thing sooo I am pretty sure that I shouldn't have discounted the
water - ie I should have used the original amount. Yeah, cos then I
remembered reading in soap naturally don't discount the water if you are
doing something different or using fragrance oils..... I think the soap is
actually ok cos I did manage to throw it into a mould before it totally
flipped out but u live and learn! I have to confess I was really excited
when my first batch of soap went weird, ie started to clump cos I had been
reading about all these problems and I had made 20 batches of soap with no
problems and I started thinking, what are all these people on about! They
say u learn more from your mistakes! Its so true! Well how can u know what u
don't want it if you havent experienced what you don't want! :)

Arohanui
Mandy Coleman
Mokihinui Mansions
36-56 Lewis Street