[soapcraft] Re: Colour

  • From: "Jan Abernethy" <janabernethy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:22:53 +1200

Hi everyone

OMG - I made my (only) 3rd soap batch yesterday.  I added some red soap dye
and a little bit of blue, to get a purple, mixed it with some oil, and it
looked purple, really dark purple in fact.  Not really what I wanted but oh
well, that was that, because I thought well that's a nice purple albeit
dark!

But this morning I'm looking at the soap and its faded quite a lot, but you
can see the red and blue dots underneath the soap as if it wasn't mixed in,
but it was completely mixed in the oil.
So could someone help me and explain what I did wrong in the colour area.  I
mixed it with the soil first, then mixed it into the soap at a light trace
and blended it in.  Looked mixed.

All three of my batches that I've done, the colours have not been right.
Helps if I use the right stuff but this time I have and it's spotty.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Got my soap swap all wrapped and ready to go, what a relief, I hope it's ok,
it was only my second try, so don't be too harsh.

Jan