[snafuu] Re: windows CD/RW

  • From: Doug Curtis <doug.curtis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: snafuu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:02:54 -0400

Ah yes.  The lovely UDF format.  Certain versions of EZ CD Creator would write
cds in the UDF format. (Usually when using directcd)  Direct cd was easy
beacuse it offered drag and drop file burning but it was such a pain in the
neck for people who didn't have ez cdcreator installed.  Adaptec had made a udf
reader for Windows users who wanted to read these cds on computers that didn't
have CD creator installed.

I thought I saw a UDF selection in the kernel options but I can't quite
remember.  I haven't checked but I'm sure someone, somewhere has written a UDF
reader for linux.

Doug