[snafuu] Re: quake2 mouse?

  • From: Garrett LeSage <garrett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: snafuu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 15 Apr 2002 10:20:31 -0400

On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 10:00, phrostie wrote:

> i'm trying to get quake to running.
> acctually it runs fine but does not see my mouse.
> it's running in X so would it be using the Xfree mouse ?
> or do i need to mess with gpm?
>
> i've had this working before but that was on a different dist.
> i'm running debian sid now.
>
> TIA

Make sure you are using the GL version of Quake. Get one of the recent
projects. It should use the X mouse as long as it is a recent one. If I
remember correctly, there was an svgalib version way back when, and you
DO NOT want to use that.

    This should be a more recent version:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/quake/

To use the mouse properly, I think you had to type "+set mlook" on the
Quake console (which you can get by hitting the tilde key "~"). You
should be able to stick this in a config file or set it as a
command-line option.

Garrett