[snafuu] pam/ftp

  • From: Phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: snafuu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 11:42:39 -0500

OK, i'm still having trouble with the ftp.
I've done this on older distributions but they seem to have changed a lot of
stuff on the newer ones.

i've started over with a fresh install of turbolinux workstation 6.0.
got the network up ping works, rsh works.
ftp gets: 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection.
in the log file(server side) i'm getting an error:

agusta rlogind[318]: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_cracklib.so)
agusta rlogind[318]: PAM [dlerror: /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so: undefined
symbol: crypt]
agusta rlogind[318]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
agusta pam_rhosts_auth[318]: denied to phrostie@xxxxxxxxxx as phrostie: access
not allowed

before i go changing something can some one explain to me or give me a link to
explain to me what is is that i'm looking at.

 --
pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of Dos