[snafuu] modem reset

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: snafuu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, libranet-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 13:15:34 -0400

my modem has been acting up for a while (yes i know i should replace it).
if i get disconected while my browser is looking something up or while i'm
downloading email then it will not redial.  instead i get an error (in kppp)
saying that the modem will not respond.  my sister-in-law had pointed out
that she has the same problem on windows with her modem and someone added the
string FT&Z.

i've tried cat'in this to /dev/ttyS1 with varying success(it beats
rebooting), but is there a cleaner way to do this?  within kppp?

--
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS,
//www.freelists.org/list/cad-linux