[snafuu] Re: cdrom format

  • From: Garrett LeSage <garrett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: snafuu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:10:44 -0800

Here's my CD-ROM line in /etc/fstab:

        /dev/scd1   /cdrom      iso9660 defaults,ro,user,exec   0   0

Please note that mine is treated as a SCSI device, as it is the only IDE
peripherial on my system, and I utilize SCSI emulation to make things a
bit more consistant. That shouldn't matter much, except for the device name.

You might want to double-check to see that you actually have CD filesystem
support compiled into your kernel. It most likely is already, but you should
check.

Also, under Debian, you mount the cdrom in /cdrom/, not /mnt/ or /mnt/cdrom/
(fwiw).

In addition, you may want to check to see if you have the joliet extensions
compiled into your CD FS support (although, you should still *see* files,
but with shorter names, if you do not have this support enabled).

Good luck.

Garrett

* phrostie (pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx) [011109 21:42]: