[snafuu] Re: [ale] route to wm.themes.org

  • From: "Joseph A. Knapka" <jknapka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:20:55 -0600

Phrostie wrote:

> wasn't there some kind of problem with the default setting on the 2.4 kernel
> and one of the new protocalls?
>
> how could i verify this?
> i'm still running 2.2 at home but i'm not sure about my isp(www.planters.net)

Explicit Congestion Notification. Turn it off in your kernel config,
or I think there's a way to change it at runtime (I'm not running
2.4, so I don't know for sure).

-- Joe

>  On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> > I don't think the problem is just you.  I have been having problems getting
> > some sites for the past few days (www.fenderrhodes.org in particular) but
> > things
> > seem to have started clearing up today.  Maybe a big routing or DNS burp.
> > --
> pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx
> Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of Dos
> and danced the skies on Linux silvered wings.
> http://freelists.dhs.org/lists/snafuu.html
> http://pfrostie.freeservers.com/cad-tastrafy
> --

"If I ever get reincarnated... let me make certain I don't come back
 as a paperclip." -- protagonist, H Murakami's "Hard-boiled Wonderland"
// Linux MM Documentation in progress:
// http://home.earthlink.net/~jknapka/linux-mm/vmoutline.html
* Evolution is an "unproven theory" in the same sense that gravity is. *