[snafuu] Re: [ale] realplayer on linux

  • From: "Glenn C. Lasher Jr." <glasher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 09:21:53 -0500 (EST)

I have encountered this one a *lot* on my 550MHz AMD.  It seems that, to
RPM, the K6-2 looks like a hyper-fast Pentium MMX.  As a result, anything
packaged for PPro/PII/P!!! fails the architecture test.

Regarding RealPlayer, there is another version with the filename extension
'bin' and it is an ELF executable that does the installation for you, a la
Windows packages.  Not my preferred method, but it works.

--
glasher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
After 163 days, Verizon still couln't deliver Telocity DSL.