[snafuu] More Debian

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: snafuu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 15:52:04 -0400

ok, i'm starting to get a clue.  starting to get the hang of apt-get.  :-)
i'm still having a couple problems i need to fix, but i can't find where
debian puts them.

Windowmanager?
in RH/MDK the window manager is called in your {$HOME}/.xinitrc.
debian does not seem to be even looking at this file.
how do i change my window manager to Afterstep?

DNS/Nameserver lookup?
currently i can start a ppp conection and ping dotted hex addresses but not
full names.  where are the name servers called out in debian?
in MDK it is called out in my /etc/ppp/resolve.conf
debian does not have this file.  i ttried to copy it from my mdk, but this
does not work either.