[snafuu] Fwd: new Savannah LUG

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: snafuu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:13:15 +0100

Time has moved on and now so have I.

just short of 5 years ago I decided to try starting a Linux Users Group for
the Savannah area.  at first I had the time to push things along, but as life
became more complicated I spent less and less time with it.

My apologies.

to make this more difficult, i've taken a new job and relocated to Fort Worth
Texas.  making it to a meeting would be rather difficult now especially.

There is some good news in all of this.  A new business has opened up in the
Savannah area called The Open Store.  even better they would like to rally
all the linux users who are or were part of the SNAFUU list and start over
from scratch.  Please, Please, help them succeed where i did not.

it is my understanding that they want to start a new mailing list.
there will be no need for this one.
if a need does arise, and someone wants to admin and moderate it let me know.
i just ask that it be someone that has been on the list for a while.

Best of luck to you all.

Subject: new Savannah LUG
Date: Mon February 14 2005 02:18 pm
From: mary-margatet hill <info@xxxxxxx>
To: pfrostie@xxxxxxx

Your Organizer, mary-margatet hill, sent the following message
to the members of The Savannah Linux Meetup Group:

ok now that the openstore has opened, this is a branch of
community involement that has a need in savannah . now that
linux has a store a real brick and mortar in Savannah we have
room for meetings . and being that  most other groups have
disbanded, we've decided to give up resurrecting them . and
just start a new LUG. it will be TOSLug. and were getting a web
site today . if you areany friends are still interested . head
over to   http://theopenstore.net  and click lugs send me and
leave a message  or come in and sign up..  I've already talked
to the producer of revolution OS , abouy screenings and i have
a few ideas fpor trips and events planned . as well as
eventually sponsering a technoloy conventon in savannah ,

maybe get mitnick to show up ..

any way ..

store # is 234-6433
location abercorn and 33rd

http://www.livejournal.com/users/theopenstore/2005/02/10/

To visit The Savannah Linux Meetup Group, go here:
http://linux.meetup.com/82/

If you'd like to take part in a discussion, your Organizer also
posted this message to your Group's Message Boards:
http://linux.meetup.com/82/boards/

Did this email end up in your spam/junk/bulk folder?  Add
info@xxxxxxxxxx to your address book to ensure that you receive
all future messages in your Inbox.

address at Meetup.com.

To remove yourself from individual Meetup Groups and their
related emails, click the link below and select 'Remove
yourself' under the name of the appropriate Group:
http://www.meetup.com/account/

To unsubscribe from ALL your Meetup Groups and the Meetup.com
service as a whole, click here:
http://www.meetup.com/account/remove/

Oh i've slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux