[snafuu] Bit of News

  • From: Richard Storey <richards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: snafuu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 11:02:11 -0500

One of my personal Linux interests is Linux-based supercomputing and
clustering.  I collect all the news I can on this topic.  This one looks
interesting.  There's a group that is developing Beowulf-on-a-CD to make it
so that any Tom or Mary can get a Beowulf cluster up and running in their
garage, so-to-speak.

http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=01/01/25/2330211&mode=nocomment

Beowulf has, in the past, required modified apps to run on it.  There's
another clustering system in Linux that doesn't called Mosix.  You can run
your apps unmodified on any number of clustered computers.  See mosix.org.

Cheers,

Richard