[smsrobotics] Re: Today.

  • From: "Wells, Ken" <KenWells@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "smsrobotics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <smsrobotics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:50:50 -0500

Check Monnick Hardware - they have caps and a good selection of aluminum stock
too. I was looking at the battery hold down and think that a pair of 0.25"
eyeholes with two washers and nuts each would allow us to use a Hingis with
hooks to secure the battery. Ocean State Job Lots ( in the same plaza as
Monnick) has small bungies etc in the tools corner.

Sent from my iPod

On Feb 11, 2011, at 1:53 PM, "Maria DeVuono-Homberg"
<devuonom@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:devuonom@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Jaiwant, I believe that the aluminum struts which stick out to support the big
tube tosser are sharp and obtrusive. Could you find some caps that go under
chairs to keep them from scraping the floor or something similar which could
cover those sharp pieces. (I do not know if they would be considered dangerous
and force a failure at inspection.)Same for the top of the 80/20 struts. There
may be square caps too for the 80/20.

I believe we were interested in some extra clevis pins and the appropriate
hairpin for them which are used for attaching the bumpers. (If, by any chance,
they have smaller/thinner ones, they might be useful for connecting other
things, maybe even the flap to cover the battery. See below.)

The battery holder is not complete. Needs to have a mechanism/overlapping
flap/gate latch mechanism to keep it in place. Maybe you can find a good latch
for that? The battery is not allowed to tumble out during any part of the
competition, even turning upside down.

Also, we seem to need boxes of bolts and nuts of other diameters (thinner than
1/4-20) as well as other lengths. I hate to say we need various more
combinations of those two characteristics and am not sure which we do have
already but we have used up quite a bit of our stock as we have been building
things.

If I think of other things, I'll try to tell you b4 you shop.
Maria