[smartvisionau] Re: keypad not working on my SmartVision2 since last night (I can't even get to power off with arrows even though power button does work and gets me to main menu)!

  • From: Vivien Palcic <vivienpalcic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smartvisionau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 10:07:21 +0800

Thanks, Sam. Thankfully this worked. I didn't think the battery would have been the issue, as the speech was working, so I hadn't thought to try this earlier.

Thanks.
Vivien

On 8/24/2019 9:03 AM, Sam Taylor wrote:

Sorry to hear about this difficulty, Vivien. Please see if you can remove and replace the battery, and power the device back on. If the keypad still doesn't respond then we will most likely need to see the phone 'for analysis.
Thanks
Sam

Sam Taylor

Blindness Products Consultant

Pacific Vision International (Aust) Pty Ltd

Tel: 1800 756 849 <tel:1800%20756%20849>

Mob: 0420 355 996 <tel:0420%20355%20996>

Sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

www.lowvision.com.au <http://www.lowvision.com.au/>

Twitter: @PacificVisionAU

To request a quote: quotes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:quotes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To place an order: orders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:orders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

For general enquiries: office@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:office@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this electronic mail message and any accompanying documents may be legally privileged and confidential. The information is intended only for the recipient named in this message. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of the information is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete this message and any accompanying attachments from your computer system. Pacific Vision is not responsible for any changes to this message and/or any attachments made after transmission by Pacific Vision.

Pacific Vision does not guarantee that this e-mail or any attachment to it is free of computer viruses or other conditions which may damage or interfere with data, hardware or software.

On 24 Aug 2019, at 10:53 am, Vivien Palcic <vivienpalcic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:vivienpalcic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi Sam/list,

My phone was working earlier in the day yesterday, but then when I went to use it last night after leaving it to fully charge, the keypad wasn't working - except I think the Back button initially worked once, but otherwise the Power button does lock and unlock the device and I can get to the main menu, but then can't even get to Power Off. So I left it plugged in, as it's still on (even though on standby), and I can only now fiddle with the commands in BRLTTY to try and turn it off using the Braille display! So how much is that likely to cost me now for repairing this problem? (And before anyone asks, I have the touchscreen disabled too, so can't get to that any way. It kept being accidentally triggered when it was on, and besides, one of the main advantages of this device was supposed to be the physical keypad!) The phone did also notify me of an update to Google Photos, which it successfully completed, but even after that, I've repeatedly tried the keypad, to no avail.

Regards
Vivien
To post to SmartVisionAU, send email to: SmartVisionAU@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:SmartVisionAU@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Replies to emails on this list will go to the list by default.
General information about the list,ways to join, leave and set options is at: //www.freelists.org/list/SmartVisionAU