[smartvisionau] Re: SmartVision2 screen (and therefore speech too) taking awfully long to respond when I go into Settings even after resetting blindness configuration back to factory defaults?

  • From: Vivien Palcic <vivienpalcic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 16:55:24 +0800

Thanks, Sam. Unfortunately it's still slow, after both clearing cache/data and dismissing apps. And I've turned the phone off and back on a few times (after installing updates today).

Vivien

On 2/28/2019 3:24 PM, Sam Taylor wrote:

Hi Vivien,

Please try the following:

1. Open settings.

2. Scroll down to Apps, and press enter.

3. Scroll down to settings, and press enter.

4. Scroll down until you hear storage, and press enter.

5. Scroll down past cache, to the clear cache button, and press enter. Now, scroll up to the Clear data button, press enter, and press on the OK button to confirm.

You will be returned to the Home Screen.

Next time you open settings, I expect it to be slow when opening.

However, subsequent attempts may be faster. Please let me know what happens.

Cheers

Sam

On 28/02/2019 4:50 pm, Vivien Palcic wrote:
Hi Sam and list,

Sam, you may remember we were trying to work out over the phone why this was happening. From memory, I was also grappling at the same time both with the issues with automatic language switching which were happening when entering the Envision AI app, and the bluetooth issues between my Brailliant and phone. As well as going through the process of setting the default language to English in the multilingual engine, I reset blindness configuration profile back to factory defaults, went back to Kapsys voices instead of Google TTS after discovering Google TTS wasn't talking automatically when I turned on the phone, disabled the touchscreen, dismissed notifications, but still, when I go into Settings, I'm getting an abnormally long delay until the phone responds. I've had my sister look at the screen and she noticed even the screen was blank during this lag/delay, so it's not just the speech. She suggested perhaps the memory was full, but the only other app I have installed in addition to those built into the phone is Envision AI (I gor rid of the apps I tried before for handling Word files and another for print text recognition called MyVision), and I thought there was a command for closing background applications, but I can't locate it in the documentation. And is this the same as closing recent apps?

Regards
Vivien
To post to SmartVisionAU, send email to: SmartVisionAU@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Replies to emails on this list will go to the list by default.
General information about the list,ways to join, leave and set options is at: //www.freelists.org/list/SmartVisionAU