[smartvisionau] Re: Has anyone used Aira and/or The vOICe for Android with SmatVision2 phone?

  • From: Vivien Palcic <vivienpalcic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sam Taylor <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 13:18:54 +0800

Thanks, Sam. But would I need to re-install/add my Google account on the SmartVision2, which I deleted after we spoke last time about the frustration/stress I was having with entering passwords on the phone etc? I had already installed The vOICe for Android before that time, but hadn't embarked on learning it yet; but I've never installed AIRA.

Regards

Vivien

On 19/10/2020 12:39 pm, Sam Taylor wrote:

Hi Vivian,

I wasn't familiar with vOICe, but I can confirm that AIRA, as well as BeMyEyes, both work well, and I have set these up with clients.

Thanks

Sam Taylor
Blindness Products Consultant
Pacific Vision International (Aust) Pty Ltd
Tel: 1800 756 849
Mob: +61 (0) 420 355 996
http://au.1lowvision.com

CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this electronic mail message and
any accompanying documents may be legally privileged and confidential. The
information is intended only for the recipient named in this message. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are notified that any
use, disclosure, copying or distribution of the information is prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return
e-mail and delete this message and any accompanying attachments from your
computer system. Pacific Vision is not responsible for any changes to this
message and/or any attachments made after transmission by Pacific Vision. All
information is provided in good faith, however the views expressed on this
email do not necessarily reflect those of Pacific Vision.
Pacific Vision does not guarantee that this e-mail or any attachment to it is
free of computer viruses or other conditions which may damage or interfere with
data, hardware or software.
On 19/10/2020 2:35 pm, Vivien Palcic wrote:
Hi list,

Before I invest too much time/effort in either of these apps, I wanted to ask if anyone is using/has used them with the SmartVision2 phone and if so, how effectively/efficiently, given the phone's caveates I've already discovered stemming from the older (and highly customised) Android version, many apps requiring the touchscreen etc? For those who don't know, The vOICe is an app for rewiring/retraining the brain to see with sound, regardless of whether one has had sight in the past or not, and their website is at:

https://www.seeingwithsound.com/

They have versions for Windows, iOS and Android, and apparently certain AR glasses work with the app too.

Insights greatly appreciated.

Regards

Vivien

To post to SmartVisionAU, send email to: SmartVisionAU@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Replies to emails on this list will go to the list by default.
General information about the list,ways to join, leave and set options is at: //www.freelists.org/list/SmartVisionAU