[slackintosh-users] Re: virtual midi - alsa

  • From: Evandro Cordeiro <evandrocordeiro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 01:54:41 -0800 (PST)

I just compiled my 2.13.2 kernel with
CONFIG_SND_VIRMIDI=m . Then modprobe snd_virmidi.
So, I loaded timidity as an alsa server ( I compiled
with ./configure --enable-audio=alsa --enable-alsaseq
--enable-gtk;make;make install ): timidity -iA -ig.
I can now play with pmidi, timidity, and now kmid is
working ( I load timidity in settings ).
Everything in MIDI works fine.
Next step ( some day ) is compile rosegarden.
Maybe rosegarden in the next version. It would be nice
!
Thank you all.
Evandro.

http://mail.yahoo.com