[slackintosh-users] Re: virtual midi - alsa

  • From: "Marco Bonetti" <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:41:21 +0100

On 3/13/06, Adrian Ulrich <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Slackintosh 10.2 has no alsa-driver package and virmidi
> (didn't even know such a thing exists) isn't enabled.
nor do I (btw: alsa-driver is missing because we use kernel's drivers,
otherwise the package will contain about 3-4 ko files :-)
(un)fortunately there are less and less powerpc alsa drivers than x86
ones)

> (Marco: Hmm.. maybe we should enable it in -current ? )
I can take a look at it, also: newer kernels add support for newer
powerpc touchpads and similar stuff, so I think a new kernel will be
avalaible soon

ciao

--
Marco Bonetti