[slackintosh-users] Re: segmentation faults

  • From: jesse stjohn <jesselorenstjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 09:56:58 -0600

sounds good> Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:04:22 +0100> Subject: [slackintosh-users]
Re: segmentation faults> From: marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To:
slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > On Wed, March 5, 2008 11:46, jesse stjohn
wrote:> > i dont have a computer on the network that i can> > use to do a
network boot or anything> boot off the cdrom and, as long as the installer
pkgtools run, you can> attach a usb/firewire drive[1] with slackintosh pacakges
on it (I'd rsync> our repository, adrian's hw is damn fast ;-) ) and> >
installpkg --reinstall --root=/your_mounted_ibook_root $the_packages> > if
you've slackintosh isos handy and don't want to mirror, you could also> just
copy them to that disk and loop-mounting the images.> > > btw what is the best
way to burn the iso for slackintosh i heard it ahs to> > be burned really
slow(the cdrom on the ibook is picky? apparently)> I burn all my cds/dvds at
full speed :|> but, yes, I haven't an ibook nor a picky drive so far. In that
case I'd go> slower, it's a good rule of thumb.> > hth,> ciao> > [1] just a
little note: firewire drives won't be recognized until you> modprobe the right
modules (ieee1394 and ieee1394_sbp2 IIRC), I can't> remember for the usb ones.
In each case, all needed .ko are avalaible.> > -- > Marco Bonetti> Slackintosh
Linux Project Developer: http://workaround.ch/> Linux-live for powerpc:
http://workaround.ch/pub/rsync/mb/linux-live/> My webstuff:
http://sidbox.homelinux.org/> > My GnuPG key id: 0x86A91047> >
http://biggestloser.msn.com/