[slackintosh-users] Re: segmentation faults

  • From: "Marco Bonetti" <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:04:22 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, March 5, 2008 11:46, jesse stjohn wrote:
> i dont have a computer on the network that i can
> use to do a network boot or anything
boot off the cdrom and, as long as the installer pkgtools run, you can
attach a usb/firewire drive[1] with slackintosh pacakges on it (I'd rsync
our repository, adrian's hw is damn fast ;-) ) and

installpkg --reinstall --root=/your_mounted_ibook_root $the_packages

if you've slackintosh isos handy and don't want to mirror, you could also
just copy them to that disk and loop-mounting the images.

> btw what is the best way to burn the iso for slackintosh i heard it ahs to
> be burned really slow(the cdrom on the ibook is picky? apparently)
I burn all my cds/dvds at full speed :|
but, yes, I haven't an ibook nor a picky drive so far. In that case I'd go
slower, it's a good rule of thumb.

hth,
ciao

[1] just a little note: firewire drives won't be recognized until you
modprobe the right modules (ieee1394 and ieee1394_sbp2 IIRC), I can't
remember for the usb ones. In each case, all needed .ko are avalaible.

--
Marco Bonetti
Slackintosh Linux Project Developer: http://workaround.ch/

My GnuPG key id: 0x86A91047