[slackintosh-users] Re: segmentation faults

  • From: jesse stjohn <jesselorenstjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 17:22:38 -0600

> just to clear any doubt: do you keep you system up to date with patches?> we
> had some segfaults problems just after 12.0 release.

yes sir, i did, i also had a lot of problems intalling intially(kernel panic,
seg faults etc, pakages not installing driveseek errors, yadda yadda, i think
the cdrom on my ibook(first generation)
was not cooperating it will read cds and so on but man it just went nuts when i
started installing slackintosh 12. after i installed the patches most of the
stuff works pretty well, but i wonder if some of those pkgs could have been
tainted or miss-installed opera gives me seg faults too so i dont know exactly.
> > - --> Marco Bonetti> Slackintosh Linux Project Developer:
> > http://workaround.ch/> Linux-live for powerpc:
> > http://workaround.ch/pub/rsync/mb/linux-live/> My webstuff:
> > http://sidbox.homelinux.org/> > My GnuPG key id: 0x86A91047> -----BEGIN PGP
> > SIGNATURE-----> Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)> Comment: Using GnuPG
> > with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org> >
> > iD8DBQFHzde2E3eWALCzdGwRAoklAKCBjY8uQfXOVA0h461aVSiY7afIwQCfespP>
> > ApiiHRead3Yp5iofAdNmAc0=> =BDt/> -----END PGP SIGNATURE----->
Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
power.