[slackintosh-users] Re: opting out for now...

  • From: Craig Cooper <craig.cooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:19:27 +1000

Ubuntu 9.04 went onto the iBook no problems (took a while). Needed to
update xorg.conf immediately. Also need to disable gdm, as it is a
pain.

Splash doesn't work, so better to watch the text scroll on startup!

Got working mplayer/vlc/scribus etc., but all of the games I installed
with apt-get are segfaulting immediately. I downloaded all of Kenta
Cho's abstract shooters, and they all crash immediately.

I have the same bug with crack-attack as well, which is a pain, as
that would have been the main game I play on the system. Webcams
created a video0 device, unlike vanilla slack install.

The IDE LED doesn't work on the front of the laptop :-(

more news as it comes to hand...

themacmeister