[slackintosh-users] moving slackintosh disk

  • From: Ben Bauer <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 20:19:22 -0500

I installed slackintosh on an Imac g3 and all was well.  Now I want to
move the disk to a Quicksilver.

Quicksilver current disk has OSX 10.4.something on it

/dev/hda1          Apple_partition_map
/dev/hda2          Apple_Bootstrap
/dev/hda3          Apple_Driver_43
/dev/hda4          Apple_Driver_43
/dev/hda5          Apple_DriverATA
/dev/hda6          Apple_DriverATA
/dev/hda7          Apple_FWDriver
/dev/hda8          Apple_DriverIOKIT
/dev/hda9          Apple_patches
/dev/hda10         Apple-Free
/dev/hda11         Apple-HFS
/dev/hda12         Apple-Free

Disk I moved from g3 (now hdb) on the QuickSilver
/dev/hdb1         Apple_partition_map
/dev/hdb2         Apple_bootstrap
/dev/hdb3         Apple_unixSVR2    (my slackintosh / )
/dev/hdb4         Apple_unixSVR2    (my slackintosh /home )
/dev/hdb5           (my slackintosh swap )
/dev/hdb6         Apple_Free

How do I make yaboot give me a choice between slackintosh/OSX or
is there a way, from the boot CD to do the same thing that happens on
x86 Slackware with

boot: kernel_name root=/dev/hdb3 -o rdinit= ro

(as you can see, I started to work on a bootstrap on hda, but got out
fearing that I'd munge the OSX boot)