[slackintosh-users] Re: creating isos from slackintosh-current

  • From: Thorsten Johannvorderbrueggen <thorsten.johannvorderbrueggen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 20:15:35 +0200

Hello Mirko,

Mirko Vogt wrote:

Hi all!

How can I create an iso-image of slackintosh-current?

The command for x86 is: mkisofs -o /somedir/slackware-current.iso -R -V “Slackware Install” -v -d -D -N -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b isolinux.bin -c isolinux.boot -A “Slackware Install CD”

But I think for PPC it has to be different.

By the way: How long I have to wait to get original iso-images of slackintosh 10.2? :)

Thanks a lot,

d@tenmaulwurf

PS: I can boot now my Linux ;) It isn't required, that the Apple_Bootstrap-Partition is the first Partition after the map. On my system it's /dev/hda4 - and it works.

Have you tested it with another distri? --> I tested it with debian and ubuntu. Both said my Bootstrap-Partition is hda2, but Slackintosh says its hda4! Here's the plot of my (second) system:

/dev/hda
# type name length base ( size ) system
/dev/hda1 Apple_partition_map Apple 63 @ 1 ( 31.5k) Partition map
/dev/hda2 Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Ubuntu 39062501 @ 63291160 ( 18.6G) Linux native
/dev/hda3 Apple_HFS Apple_HFS_Untitled_4 63028952 @ 262208 ( 30.1G) HFS
/dev/hda4 Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Slackintosh 39062501 @ 102353661 ( 18.6G) Linux native
/dev/hda5 Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Shared 13671876 @ 141416162 ( 6.5G) Linux native
/dev/hda6 Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap 1213450 @ 155088038 (592.5M) Linux swap
/dev/hda7 Apple_Bootstrap bootstrap 1600 @ 64 (800.0k) NewWorld bootblock
/dev/hda8 Apple_Free Extra 260544 @ 1664 (127.2M) Free space

You see, that the bootstrap part is hda7 --> but it's the second partition!

Bye
 Thorsten