[slackintosh-users] alsaconf

  • From: Volker Weiss <volker-list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:37:48 +0700

Hi all,

thanks for Slackintosh 11.0 !
Installing it worked quite well. Almost no problems. I installed it on a 1 GHz
iBook G4. Now I have some questions:

1.)
How can I setup ALSA? I tried to call alsaconf as root, but it doesn't detect
any soundcards. As a workaround I created a file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa with the
following content:

  alias snd-card-0 snd-powermac
  alias sound-slot-0 snd-powermac

Sound seem to work now, but I'm not sure, if this is correct. Usually alsaconf
creates this file, but with more lines...? I copied this over from a
Slackintosh 10.2 installation on an older iBook G3. There alsaconf could detect
the soundcard.

2.)
I'm looking for a way to dynamically change the CPU clock depending on CPU
usage. cpufreq userspace is supported by the kernel, so I need some daemon to
change the CPU frequency. Does something like this come with Slackintosh 11.0 ?
What's recommended? For now I compiled powernowd, which seems to work quite
well.

Thanks
   Volker

--