[slackintosh-users] Re: Wine

  • From: "Marco Guolo" <arkangelgabriel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 17:14:32 +0100

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 4:58 PM, ef-benois <ef-benois@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > But you can try qemu+wine. But why are you in need of wine?
> > Marco
>
> Hello Marco,
>
> thanks for your explanation ; I think you mean qemu+windows ?
> at home, I use Slackware, and sometimes Wine for 2 english dictionaries,
> and also a professional soft (visual field analyzer).
> At my office on Slackintosh (ibook G3, dual boot whith Panther), I content
> myself with Stardict (command-line version).

Ok, I got it. But I really mean qemu+wine. Qemu can run a single
application, not only an entire system, so it's possible to make wine run on
qemu.

Here there's a - indeed very old - page in which it's explained how to set
up wine on qemu:

http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2004-June/014468.html

This is from qemu site:

http://bellard.org/qemu/qemu-doc.html#SEC69

And this from Ubuntu forum:

Sorry, I cannot find anything more useful, think the problem is the lack of
interest on ppc processors - what a pity, never seen better! - after apple
switched to intel's core duo. :(

Mc