[slackintosh-users] Re: Windtunnel, Nvidia, X, and a 20-inch cinema display

  • From: James Lay <jlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:49:45 -0700

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 09:44:42 -0700
"James Lay" <jlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey all!
>
> So the subject says it all.  I tried at one point to get the above to
> fly, but to no avail.  I could "almost" get X to use the full
> display, but the very left hand side of the screen was muffed..it
> like.was split or something like that..very difficult to describe
> really.  That was using slackintosh 10.2.  Has anyone successfully
> used 11 with an nvidia card with a 20 inch cinema display
> successfully?  Thanks for the help people.
>
> James

So since this was such a blisteringly hot topic on here ;), I have a
different question...thinking about getting a different card for this
box.  Anyone have any luck with getting an:

ATI APPLE RADEON 9600 400MHz XT SPEED G4 MAC VIDEO CARD

card to work with X to dual monitor out?  Thanks for the assist.

James